We Can Help You Anytime, Anywhere.
What We Do
Who We Are
Industry Leader of Rescue & Operational Support
There is a likelihood for emergency situations to occur in the workplace at any point in time. An example is a fire outbreak. Such happenings can be disastrous, and they can lead to loss of lives and property. This is why business owners need to ensure the safety and well-being of their workers by having a plan.
You are not just ensuring their safety, but yours also. This is why you should take the matter as seriously as you would treat a personal issue. An effective emergency action plan can help you realize this goal. The plan has to be detailed and well-implemented.
Significance of Having an Action Plan
Initial steps taken during an emergency are critical to ensuring that every member of your workforce is safe. It has to include prompt responses because time is of the essence. Emergency situations have to be approached in an orderly manner.
A set of guidelines should be provided for your employees to know what to do in emergency situations. The warnings and steps should be stated with clarity. Should they seek shelter or evacuate? Should a lockdown procedure be initiated? These issues should come up in the preparation of the plan.
Emergency services will be able to respond to your calls more efficiently when you have a good plan. You should keep this in mind when drafting the plan because the services of emergency workers such as firefighters are essential for the effective management of emergency situations.
Steps to Take
In creating an emergency safety plan, business owners should do the following:
- Organize a Team
Your emergency response team should be made up of committed individuals. The participation of everyone in the organization (both management and employees) should be sought.
- Assess Risks
Risk assessment is necessary to discover vulnerabilities and potential hazards in the workplace. Lives and property are at stake, but it is necessary to place the lives of the members of your workforce above your physical assets. Place your employees at the top of the scale when assessing risks. The environment should be a part of the assessment.
- State Your Performance Objectives
Every hand on deck should be kept accountable and stay on track. Tangible milestones and quantifiable objectives should be stated for every aspect of the plan.
- Write a Detailed Policy
Your policy should include the following:
- Evacuation procedures
- Means of communication
- Tasks for the emergency response team
- Contact information of emergency services
- Head count instructions
- Rescue and medical duties
- Train Your Team
Once you are able to organize a team, you need to train them. They should acquire the necessary certifications before duties are assigned to them.
Include your company’s emergency safety strategies in your business plan. This can be made possible by companies such as Pro Business Plans during the preparation of the draft. Conduct emergency drills once in a while to help employees to get used to the plan. A regular review of your strategies should also be done.
There is nothing easy about starting and managing an emergency care business. Matters such as budgeting and allocation of funds to various departments need to be treated with great care. No department should be underfunded, even if their allocations are different.
It is important to make things easier for yourself and your partners. You can patronize companies like Saigis for professional advice and the handling of tasks. You have to make the right financial decisions and adopt the best practices. This article will be discussing 10 ways to manage your budget.
1. Write a Specialized Business Plan
The writing of a custom business plan is an important matter that requires much of your time, energy, and money. Your plan has to be written to suit the model of an emergency care business, as well as your vision. The business plan writer you hire should work towards this, and guide you on how to refer to the plan when making financial decisions.
2. Have an Annual Spending Plan
Your long term goals need to be accomplished with a long term budget plan. Building a forecast and budget for the year will make the path to achieving your vision clearer.
3. Track Actual Spending
While implementing your budget, there is need to track the actual spending of each department, and make comparisons to their allocations. Such information will enable you to draft a better spending plan in the future.
4. Maintain Accuracy in Bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is an important practice in any organization. You need to record all transactional data in order to track your spending, and make adjustments when necessary.
5. Adopt a Suitable Tracking System
As a small business owner, you should avoid adopting complex tracking systems for budget implementation. It can make things tedious for you. The complex tracking systems should be left to the big companies. Choose one that is easy for and your employees to maintain.
6. Avoid Over-spending
To ensure that you do not spend above the budget, make sure that every department slows down their spending until the stipulated period of implementation elapses.
7. Small Companies Should Have Quarterly Budgets
This makes sense considering the fact that you cannot allocate funds the same way that bigger companies do. The timing has to be different. Still, have a yearly plan in the background.
8. Set Your Budget At the Right Time
Your budget should only be set after completing your financials. You cannot hassle the departments to present their budgets when this has not been done.
9. Avoid Highly Detailed Budgets
Your budget should be detailed, but not too detailed. You cannot revise all the possible expenses in the overall budget. Have broader allocation terms, while letting each department figure out the more detailed aspects of their individual budgets.
10. Work With a Team
You cannot handle the overall budgeting alone. Work with your partners, or have a team of experts deliberating with you.
Do not stop here. More research is necessary, especially when you are the owner of the business. You need to be knowledgeable, so as to supervise spending and avoid possible malpractices that can be perpetrated by others.
We have been living in a world where there are some situations that are so perilous, and it can literally happen to anybody. Our safety is certainly not guaranteed, and there is actually nothing we can do about it. No matter how careful we are, we could literally face trouble by just walking down a dark street. There is little to nothing we can do about facing these situations. Well, granted we can be prepared for such situations, and we can try and get out of them with some special skills indeed. You could literally be on your way home from work, and something or someone could pose a situation which would put you in harm’s way, you should certainly be prepared for such situations.
Because of those pieces of metal and glass that we have in our pockets, they would indeed provide an out for us; they could indeed save us from any serious harm that may befall us. Here is a list of some applications that will actually contact our listed emergency contact and also emergency services as soon as it is triggered or when it knows that we are in trouble.
- There is an application on the Apple Watch that always detects if you have had a fall or if you are facing a perilous situation. It displays an option on the screen, and if you do not hit the “I am okay” option, it will immediately contact emergency services and also your emergency contacts. Well, the Apple Watch actually has a lot of medical features that we should be aware about. It can take an ECG and also give you accurate information relating to your heartbeat and blood oxygen and whatnot.
- The Medical ID and Medical app on the iPhone will help you get immediate medical attention in emergency situations. You can even press the power button and the volume up button 5 times, and when you do that, it triggers a loud sound, and it counts down, when the countdown is done, it will contact emergency services and your emergency contacts as well. It will also send them a ping of your last known location and some more things that you can choose.
- Guardly is literally a life-saving app which poses as an amazing life saving tool which will help you a lot. Security operators, administrators and even dispatchers can indeed rely on Guardily top send emergency alerts and even messages to members who are in critical situations.
- Disaster Alert is an app which is brought in by the Pacific Disaster Center’s world disaster alerts. It gives you real-time access to things happening around the world.